Healthy Airplane Food: DietDetective.com Annual Airline Snacking and Onboard Food Survey with Health Ratings for 2007
Cooperation in Providing Nutritional Information: Very helpful
Health Score: (****) Continental provides a low-calorie, high-impact meal.
Best Bet: Both sandwiches are fine; impressive that they offer light mayo.
Total Calories: 285 (turkey), 316 (ham)
Exercise Equivalents: (Amount of walking to burn off the calories) 73 minutes (turkey); 81 minutes (ham); 21 minutes (peanuts); 13 minutes (pretzels)
Cost: No chargeSnack Choices
Flights over three hours:
- Turkey sandwich (170 calories, including Hellmann's light mayo)
- Ham sandwich (201 calories, including French's yellow mustard)
- Carrots (35 calories)
- Fun-size candy bar (80 calories)
Flights under three hours:
- Honey-roasted peanuts (1.5 ounces, 80 calories)
- Mini pretzels (1.5 ounces, 50 calories)
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)