The No-Hunger Way to Cut 100s of Calories
Cut 500 Calories
- Eat fruit before every meal. In a Pennsylvania State University study, people who munched apples 15 minutes before lunch ate about 187 fewer calories.
- Order one brunch entree to share. Who can finish that giant omelet, anyway?
- When making mac and cheese, resist temptation and prep just half the box. Save the rest in a zip-top bag for next time.
- Use your grandmother's Joy of Cooking and you'll save an average of 506 calories over three meals, according to a recent Cornell University study. The secret: Smaller portion sizes and lower-calorie ingredients were called for back then.
- Instead of a Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha for your afternoon pick-me-up, order coffee with a little milk and a dusting of chocolate.
- At happy hour, drink two rum and diet colas and back away from the bowl of stale snack mix.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.