The No-Hunger Way to Cut 100s of Calories
Cut 250 CaloriesCut 250 Calories at Breakfast
- Trade a reduced-fat blueberry muffin for instant oatmeal topped with 1/4 cup of fresh blueberries. Bonus: You'll stay satisfied all morning.
- Measure out your breakfast cereal; overestimating by just 1/3 cup can add 100 calories.
- Enjoy it with a 16-ounce chai latte with skim milk rather than a green tea latte with 2 percent.
- Pick turkey over tuna in your 6-inch sub.
- At the salad bar, reach for shredded Parmesan instead of cheddar and skip the bread.
- Nuke a Lean Cuisine chicken parm instead of having one delivered.
- Make your own salad dressing using low-sodium, fat-free broth in place of 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Having fajitas? Fill up one tortilla rather than three, then eat the rest of your fixings with a fork.
- Sub black beans for refried and hold the side of Mexican rice.
- Order filet mignon instead of a New York strip steak.
- Opt for broccoli chicken over sweet-and-sour, and for steamed brown rice, not fried.
- Bite into a chocolate-covered strawberry rather than a chocolate chip cookie.
- Skip the small movie-theater popcorn and bring your own 1-ounce bag of Lay's.
- Switch from juice to Crystal Light twice a day.
- At the mall, curb a craving for a soft pretzel with a 100-calorie pretzel pack.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.