The Sandwich Generation: Healthy Sandwich Recipes
Pages in this Story:
- Spicy Tuna Salad
- Mediterranean Wrap
- Turkey with Cranberry Sauce
- Chicken Breast with Roasted Red Peppers, Mozzarella, and Pesto
- How to Build the Perfect Sandwich
How to Build the Perfect Sandwich
- Pick whole-grain bread that has 100 calories or fewer per slice -- the more fiber per serving (three-plus grams) the better.
- Choose a condiment -- mustard, light mayo, salsa, or avocado.
- When buying deli meat, stick to brands with less than 250 milligrams of sodium and one gram of saturated fat per serving.
- Use one slice of low-fat cheddar, provolone, or Swiss.
- Pile on the veggies! They add flavor and fill you up without adding calories.
Originally published in FITNESS magazine, May 2007.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.