Makes: 4 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
1 large egg, beaten
3 tablespoons nonfat milk
1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
1 pound lean ground turkey
Freshly ground black pepper
3 cups prepared marinara sauce
1/2 pound whole wheat spaghetti
Fresh basil, chopped, for garnish (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the egg with the milk, bread crumbs, and Parmesan; mix until well combined. Add the turkey and mix gently to avoid overworking the meat. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Shape into golf ball-size spheres and place about 1 inch apart on baking sheet.
3. Bake 15 minutes. Flip and bake until starting to brown, about 5 minutes more.
4. Meanwhile, bring the marinara sauce to a simmer in a large saucepan over medium heat. Once meatballs are done, carefully transfer to marinara and toss to coat; simmer 5 minutes. Reserve 4 meatballs and 1/2 cup sauce for the sliders recipe on the next slide.
5. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and add to sauce, tossing to coat. Garnish with the basil if desired.
Nutrition facts per serving: 478 calories, 35g protein, 69g carbohydrate, 8g fat (2.6g saturated), 9g fiber
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.