Ingrid Hoffman's Brandied Shrimp
Dad's Amazing Brandied Shrimp
"If you like garlicky, buttery shrimp scampi, then you must try my dad's saucy, spicy brandied shrimp. For as long as I live I'll be making this dish. My dad, mom, and I are always competing against one another to perfect it."
-- Ingrid Hoffman
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 garlic cloves, finely minced
1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1/8 teaspoon Tabasco (or more to taste)
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1/2 cup ketchup
1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano leaves
2 tablespoons brandy
2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsleyDirections
- Melt the butter with the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring often, until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in the shrimp, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco, and some salt and pepper. Let the mixture simmer until the shrimp are partially cooked and beginning to curl, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the ketchup and oregano and simmer 2 more minutes, or until the shrimp are opaque and just cooked through
- Add the brandy and parsley; stir to combine. Remove from heat and serve.
Nutrition facts per serving: 253 calories, 24g protein, 10g carbohydrate, 11g fat (4.5g saturated), 0g fiber.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)