10 Ingredients, 10 Healthy Dishes
Pages in this Story:
- Ingredient Lists
- Hummus Plate with Broccoli, Cherry Tomatoes, and Whole Wheat Tortillas
- Rotisserie Chicken with Roasted Broccoli and Potatoes
- Twice-Baked Potato with Melted Cheese and Broccoli
- Spinach Salad with Cheddar Cheese and Tomato
- Egg and Chicken Salad Wrap
- Chickpea Soup with Spinach and Tomato
- Broiled Salmon Fillets with Hummus Sauce
- Salmon, Spinach, and Cheddar Omelet
- Salmon Nicoise Salad
- Open-Faced "Pizza" with Cheddar Cheese, Roasted Cherry Tomatoes, and Chicken
Salmon, Spinach, and Cheddar OmeletSalmon, Spinach, and Cheddar Omelet
Makes 2 servings
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
3 cups baby spinach
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 ounces cooked salmon, flaked
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
5 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup grated reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the spinach and cook, tossing, until wilted, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine the spinach with the salmon.
- Wipe out the skillet and melt the butter over medium-high heat.
- Season the eggs with the remaining salt and pepper.
- Pour the eggs into the skillet and swirl the pan so they spread out.
- Using a heat-resistant rubber spatula, mix the center of the eggs quickly once or twice, then lift the eggs around the edges occasionally to let any uncooked portion flow underneath.
- Cook until the bottom is firm.
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the eggs, then arrange the spinach-salmon mixture over the cheese; cook for 20 seconds more.
- Slide the omelet onto a plate, carefully folding the egg over the filling as you do. Serve immediately.
Nutrition facts per serving: 432 calories, 32g protein, 7g carbohydrate, 32g fat (12g saturated), 2g fiber
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.