10 Ingredients, 10 Healthy Dishes
Pages in this Story:
- Ingredient Lists
- Hummus Plate with Broccoli, Cherry Tomatoes, and Whole Wheat Tortillas
- Rotisserie Chicken with Roasted Broccoli and Potatoes
- Twice-Baked Potato with Melted Cheese and Broccoli
- Spinach Salad with Cheddar Cheese and Tomato
- Egg and Chicken Salad Wrap
- Chickpea Soup with Spinach and Tomato
- Broiled Salmon Fillets with Hummus Sauce
- Salmon, Spinach, and Cheddar Omelet
- Salmon Nicoise Salad
- Open-Faced "Pizza" with Cheddar Cheese, Roasted Cherry Tomatoes, and Chicken
Open-Faced "Pizza" with Cheddar Cheese, Roasted Cherry Tomatoes, and ChickenOpen-Faced "Pizza" with Cheddar Cheese, Roasted Cherry Tomatoes, and Chicken
Makes 4 servings
2 cups cherry tomatoes
2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 (12-inch) whole wheat tortillas
1 1/4 cups grated reduced-fat cheddar cheese
2 cups rotisserie chicken pieces
1 teaspoon dried oregano (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Toss the tomatoes with the oil, salt, and pepper.
- Roast on a baking sheet until blistered and golden, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the tomatoes from the oven.
- Adjust the heat to broil, and set the oven rack 4 inches from the heat.
- Put the tortillas on a baking sheet.
- Layer each with half of the cheese, half of the chicken, half of the tomatoes, and half of the oregano.
- Broil until the cheese has melted and the edges of the tortillas are golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Serve.
Nutrition facts per serving: 395 calories, 38g protein, 38g carbohydrate, 15g fat (6g saturated), 4g fiber
Originally published in FITNESS magazine, June 2007.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.