Makes: 6 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 29 minutes
1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
1 large carrot, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice (1 cup)
1/2 small onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice (1/2 cup)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2-inch dice
2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon or 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 pinch black pepper
1 cup all-natural chicken broth
4 teaspoons cornstarch
3/4 cup frozen corn, thawed
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
12 eggroll wraps (not the smaller wonton wraps)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the carrot and onion and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, and cook an additional 1 minute.
2. Stir in the chicken, tarragon, salt, and pepper. Cook until the chicken is no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
3. Place the broth and cornstarch in a bowl and whisk until well combined. Add to the skillet along with the peas and corn, and bring the liquid to a simmer, stirring constantly. Continue to simmer and stir gently until sauce thickens, about 2 minutes.
4. Place a generous 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture into each wrap, and sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top. Fold the corners up and over the top of the filling and press to seal the edges together. Brush the remaining oil on top of each bundle.
5. Bake until golden and crispy on top, 12 to 15 minutes. Cool slightly before eating.
Nutrition facts per serving (2 bundles): 360 calories, 24g protein, 48g carbohydrate, 7g fat (1g saturated), 3g fiber
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.