Fresh Veggie Pasta
Makes: 8 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 19 minutes
Nonstick cooking spray
1 pound penne pasta
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken-breast halves
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
4 tablespoons olive oil
5 garlic cloves, sliced
1 can (28 ounces) plum tomatoes in juice, broken up with a spoon
1 medium zucchini, trimmed, quartered lengthwise, and sliced
1 medium yellow bell pepper, cored, seeded, and cut into strips
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
1/4 pound quartered bocconcini (small fresh mozzarella balls)
1. Lightly coat grill with cooking spray. Heat grill to medium-high.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions.
3. Season chicken with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Grill chicken about 6 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Let cool slightly and cut into thin strips.
4. Toss freshly cooked pasta with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Set aside.
5. Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Add tomatoes with their juice, zucchini and yellow pepper; cook 3 more minutes. Add balsamic vinegar, tomato paste, and remaining 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook 3 minutes. Stir in chicken and heat through.
6. Remove from heat. Toss sauce with pasta, basil, and bocconcini; serve immediately.
Nutrition facts per serving: 435 calories, 25g protein, 55g carbohydrate, 12g fat (3g saturated), 5g fiber
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)