10 Easy, Healthy Recipes -- Only 10 Ingredients Needed!
Pages in this Story:
- Ingredients List
- Cheddar-Spinach Quesadillas
- Chicken and Potato Hash with Fried Eggs
- Deviled Eggs with Hummus
- Sauteed Broccoli and Spinach
- Seared Salmon with Cherry Tomato Sauce
- Broccoli and Cheddar Soup
- Salmon and Spinach Salad with Hard-Boiled Egg
- Sauteed Broccoli with Poached Eggs
- Hummus, Spinach, and Tomato Wrap
- Chicken, Spinach, and Cherry Tomato Salad
Broccoli and Cheddar Soup
Makes: 4 servings
5 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 large onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
4 cups chicken stock or water plus 1 bouillon cube
2 cups grated reduced fat cheddar cheese
3 cups steamed broccoli florets, finely chopped
1/4 teaspoon paprika, optional
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes.
- Add the flour and cook until golden, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Stir in the cheese and stock, and simmer until thickened, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in the broccoli and cook until heated through.
- Season with salt, pepper, and paprika, if desired.
Nutrition facts per serving: 450 calories, 28g protein, 31g carbohydrate, 27g fat (16g saturated), 4g fiber
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.