10 Easy, Healthy Recipes -- Only 10 Ingredients Needed!
Pages in this Story:
- Ingredients List
- Cheddar-Spinach Quesadillas
- Chicken and Potato Hash with Fried Eggs
- Deviled Eggs with Hummus
- Sauteed Broccoli and Spinach
- Seared Salmon with Cherry Tomato Sauce
- Broccoli and Cheddar Soup
- Salmon and Spinach Salad with Hard-Boiled Egg
- Sauteed Broccoli with Poached Eggs
- Hummus, Spinach, and Tomato Wrap
- Chicken, Spinach, and Cherry Tomato Salad
Seared Salmon with Cherry Tomato Sauce
Makes: 4 servings
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 pint cherry tomatoes
1 bay leaf
4 (4- to 6-ounce) salmon fillets, skin removed, or shrimp
Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes and bay leaf and cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes begin to become saucy, about 15 minutes.
- Cover, keep warm.
- Season salmon on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot, but not smoking.
- Add the salmon fillets and cook, for 3 minutes.
- Turn and cook until the fish flakes easily with a fork, 4 to 5 minutes more.
- Transfer to a serving plate, top with the sauce, and serve.
Nutrition facts per serving: 339 calories, 33g protein, 3g carbohydrate, 21g fat (3g saturated), 1g fiber
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)