10 Easy, Healthy Recipes -- Only 10 Ingredients Needed!
Pages in this Story:
- Ingredients List
- Cheddar-Spinach Quesadillas
- Chicken and Potato Hash with Fried Eggs
- Deviled Eggs with Hummus
- Sauteed Broccoli and Spinach
- Seared Salmon with Cherry Tomato Sauce
- Broccoli and Cheddar Soup
- Salmon and Spinach Salad with Hard-Boiled Egg
- Sauteed Broccoli with Poached Eggs
- Hummus, Spinach, and Tomato Wrap
- Chicken, Spinach, and Cherry Tomato Salad
Chicken and Potato Hash with Fried Eggs
Makes: 4 servings
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 small onions, finely chopped
1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary (optional)
2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
1/3 cup water
1 cup chopped rotisserie chicken pieces
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat.
- Saute the onions until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the rosemary and cook 1 minute more.
- Add the potatoes and 1/3 cup water; reduce the heat to low and cook, covered, until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, the chicken, and 1/4 teaspoon each of the salt and pepper to the skillet.
- Cook, turning only occasionally to allow the hash to brown nicely, until very dark golden all over, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat the butter in the skillet.
- Crack the eggs into the pan and season with the remaining salt and pepper.
- Use a spatula to gently shape and lift the edges of the egg.
- Cook until the edges are brown and the egg centers softly set, about 5 minutes.
- Serve over the hash.
Nutrition facts per serving: 312 calories, 18g protein, 20g carbohydrate, 18g fat (5g saturated), 2g fiber
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.