Easy, Healthy Recipes from The 5-Factor Diet
Curried ChickenIndian-Style Chicken with Curried Yogurt Sauce and Brown Rice
Makes: 2 servings5 Core Ingredients
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 8 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast, butterflied and thinly pounded
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 1/2 cups thinly sliced, peeled cucumber
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/6 teaspoon ground paprika
- Salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Cooking oil spray
- Combine the yogurt, curry powder, coriander, paprika, salt, and pepper. Pour three-fourths of the mixture into a zip-top bag. Add the chicken, seal, and refrigerate for 20 minutes. Drain the chicken and discard the marinade.
- Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat the skillet. Add the chicken and sear on each side until golden brown. Cover the pan and reduce the heat to medium. Cook for 1 minute more and remove from the heat.
- To serve: Place the chicken and brown rice on plates. Top the chicken with the remaining yogurt sauce and the sliced cucumbers.
Nutrition facts per serving: 375 calories, 34g protein, 50g carbohydrate, 4g fat (1g saturated), 5g fiber.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)