Easy, Healthy Recipes from The 5-Factor Diet
RisottoMushroom-Barley Risotto 5 Core Ingredients
- 3 cups sliced button mushrooms
- 1 cup nonfat beef broth
- 1/2 cup pearl barley
- 3 ounces shrimp, peeled, deveined, and cut in half
- 1 cup nonfat sour cream
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon dried sage
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- Salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, combine the water, mushrooms, beef broth, and barley. Simmer for 15 minutes or until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Stir in the shrimp, sour cream, sage, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- To serve: Ladle the risotto into bowls and serve hot.
Nutrition facts per serving: 415 calories, 28g protein, 71g carbohydrate, 2g fat (0.3g saturated), 10g fiber.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.