Easy, Healthy Recipes from The 5-Factor Diet
QuesadillasBaked Chicken and Black Bean Quesadillas with Salsa
Makes: 2 servings5 Core Ingredients
- 2 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 2 whole-grain or whole wheat tortillas
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup shredded nonfat mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups salsa
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Cooking oil spray
- Combine the cumin, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Season the chicken breast with the spice mixture.
- Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat the skillet. Add the chicken and cook on medium heat until brown, turning once. Cover the pan and cook for 3 minutes more or until the chicken is fully cooked. Cool the chicken and slice into strips.
- Preheat the toaster oven to 350 degrees F. Place one tortilla on a cutting board. Arrange the sliced chicken on the tortilla and top with the black beans and mozzarella. Cover with the other tortilla and press down. Bake until the cheese is melted.
- To serve: Cut the quesadilla into quarters and serve with salsa.
Nutrition facts per serving: 296 calories, 21g protein, 51g carbohydrate, 0.6g fat (0.1g saturated), 23g fiber.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.