Easy, Healthy Recipes from The 5-Factor Diet
Makes: 2 servings5 Core Ingredients
- 2 strips turkey bacon
- 1 1/4 cups egg whites
- 4 slices whole-grain bread, toasted
- 1/2 cup shredded nonfat cheddar cheese (NOTE: If you can't find nonfat cheddar cheese, you can substitute shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese.)
- 1 1/4 cups diced, seeded plum tomatoes
- Salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Cooking oil spray
- Microwave the turkey bacon strips for 3 minutes or until crisp. Set aside.
- Whisk together the egg whites, salt, and pepper. Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat the skillet. Add the egg white mixture. Cook and stir about 1 1/2 minutes or until the egg whites are set.
- To serve: Spoon the egg whites on the toast. Top with cheese, turkey bacon, and diced tomatoes.
Nutrition facts per serving: 338 calories, 34g protein, 47g carbohydrate, 5g fat (0.5g saturated), 7g fiber.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)