Comfort Foods Without the Calories
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 4 to 6 minutes
Makes 6 servings
- 6 4-inch or four 6-inch white corn tortillas
- Cooking oil or nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 to 3 medium fresh serrano chili peppers, halved, seeded, and cut into thin
- 1 roma tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream
- Lightly brush one side of each tortilla with cooking oil or lightly coat with cooking spray. Divide cheese evenly among unoiled sides of 2 larger or 3 smaller tortillas. Add pepper slices, chopped tomato, and cilantro. Top with remaining tortillas, oiled sides up.
- Heat a heavy skillet or griddle over medium heat. Cook quesadillas, one at a time, about 1 to 2 minutes per side, or until cheese melts and tortillas are lightly browned. Cut each quesadilla into 4 wedges. Serve warm with sour cream.
Nutrition facts per serving: 105 calories, 4g protein, 11g carbohydrate, 5g fat (2g saturated), 1g fiber
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.