Comfort Foods Without the Calories
Thai Turkey Burgers
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 14 minutes
Makes 4 servings
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon Thai seasoning
- 1 pound uncooked ground turkey
- 4 kaiser rolls or hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 3/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons purchased peanut dipping sauce
- Scallions, sliced on the bias (optional)
- Preheat the broiler. In a medium bowl, combine egg, bread crumbs, and Thai seasoning. Add ground turkey and mix well. Shape the turkey mixture into four 3/4-inch patties.
- Place patties on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil, turning once, 3 to 4 inches from heat, for 14 to 18 minutes, or until the internal temperature registers 165 degrees F. on an instant-read thermometer.
- To serve burgers, put some basil on the bottom half of each bun. Add patties and spoon peanut dipping sauce over them. Garnish with scallions if desired. Add bun tops.
Nutrition facts per serving: 389 calories, 31g protein, 36g carbohydrate, 13g fat (3g saturated), 2g fiber
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)