Comfort Foods Without the Calories
Spicy Chicken Pizza
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 13 minutes
Makes 6 servings
- 2 teaspoons cooking oil
- 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 10-ounce package refrigerated pizza dough
- 1/2 cup mild picante sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. In a large nonstick skillet, heat cooking oil. Cook chicken strips in the oil over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, or until no longer pink. Remove from skillet. Add red pepper and onion; cook about 5 minutes, or until tender. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- Coat a 15-x-10-x-1-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Unroll pizza dough in pan; press to form a 12-x-8-inch crust. Pinch edges of dough.
- Spread crust with picante sauce. Top with chicken and vegetables; sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake for 13 to 18 minutes, or until crust is brown and cheese is melted.
Nutrition facts per serving: 305 calories, 21g protein, 34g carbohydrate, 9g fat (3g saturated), 2g fiber
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.