Chicken Again? Yes!
Chicken with New Mexican-Style Rub
Just five minutes of prep and you can pop this tasty dish into the oven.
Start to finish: 27 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1 teaspoon aniseed
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 medium skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound)
- For rub, using a mortar and pestle, grind together oregano, thyme, coriander seed, and aniseed. Stir in chili powder, paprika, cracked black pepper, and salt. Set seasoning mixture aside.
- Rinse chicken; pat dry. With your fingers, rub some of the seasoning mixture onto both sides of chicken breast halves.
- Place chicken on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat for 12 to 15 minutes, or until tender and no longer pink, turning once.
(Store leftover seasoning in a cool, dry place and use within 6 months.)Nutrition Facts
Per serving: 123 calories, 22g protein, 0g carbohydrate, 3g fat (1g saturated), 0g fiber
Originally published in FITNESS magazine, March 2007.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)