Chicken Again? Yes!
Balsamic Chicken and Vegetables
For the best taste, look for balsamic vinegar that's been aged at least eight years.
Start to finish: 30 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
- 1/4 cup bottled Italian salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 ounces chicken breast tenderloins
- 10 ounces asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces, or 10-ounce package frozen cut asparagus, thawed and well drained
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 small tomato, seeded and chopped
- Stir together salad dressing, vinegar, honey, and crushed red pepper in a small mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat and cook chicken for 5 to 6 minutes, or until tender and no longer pink, turning once. Remove chicken to serving dish; cover and keep warm.
- Add asparagus and carrot to skillet. Cook, stirring, 3 to 4 minutes, or until asparagus is crisp-tender; transfer to dish.
- Stir dressing mixture and add to skillet. Cook for 1 minute, stirring to scrape up browned bits. Drizzle dressing over chicken and vegetables. Sprinkle with tomato.
Per serving: 271 calories, 22g protein, 12g carbohydrate, 15g fat (2g saturated), 2g fiber
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.