Makes: 6 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, rinsed and patted dry
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 1/4 cups light coconut milk
1 cup skim milk
3 1/2 tablespoons red curry paste
3/4 cup roasted, salted cashews
3/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
3/4 cup cornflakes
1 10-ounce bag baby spinach
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a large baking sheet.
2. Cut the chicken into 3-by-1/2-inch strips; season with salt and pepper.
3. In a wide, shallow bowl, whisk together one cup of the coconut milk, the skim milk, and 1 1/2 tablespoons curry paste.
4. In a food processor, pulse together the cashews and coconut until finely chopped. Add the cornflakes and pulse until coarse. Transfer the mixture to a wide, shallow bowl.
5. One by one, dip the chicken strips in the coconut milk mixture, letting the excess drip back into the bowl. Place the chicken in the cashew mixture and turn to coat evenly. Transfer each chicken finger to the prepared baking sheet.
6. Bake the chicken fingers in the oven, turning once halfway through, until they are golden all over, about 10 minutes.
7. While the chicken cooks, whisk together the remaining 1/4 cup coconut milk and remaining 2 tablespoons curry paste. Divide the spinach on plates and top with the chicken fingers. Drizzle the chicken fingers and spinach with the sauce and serve.
Nutrition facts per serving: 364 calories, 40g protein, 15g carbohydrate, 15g fat (6.4g saturated), 3g fiber
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.