6 Healthy Recipes in 35 Minutes or Less
Healthy Dinner: Ginger Chicken with Rice Noodles
Start to finish: 27 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped scallion
- 3 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 4-ounce skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 4 ounces dried rice noodles
- 2 limes
- 2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 4 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
- 4 tablespoons chopped peanuts
In a small bowl, combine scallion, ginger, 6 garlic cloves, olive oil, and salt. Coat chicken breasts with mixture and place on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat for 12 to 15 minutes, turning once.
Slice chicken diagonally; keep warm. Cook noodles in a large saucepan in boiling water for 3 to 4 minutes until tender; drain. Shred 2 teaspoons lime peel and squeeze 2 tablespoons lime juice into a bowl. Add sugar and remaining 2 garlic cloves; stir until sugar dissolves. Add noodles, carrot, cilantro and peanuts; toss. Spoon onto plates; arrange chicken on top.
Nutrition facts per serving:
8g fat (1g saturated)
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.