6 Healthy Recipes in 35 Minutes or Less
Healthy Dinner: Asian Spring Rolls
Start to finish: 30 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
- 8 8-inch round spring-roll wrappers (available in grocery stores)
- 2 cups shredded Bibb lettuce
- 8 ounces fresh or frozen cooked, peeled, and deveined shrimp, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup sliced scallion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 5 tablespoons bottled peanut sauce
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
Fill a shallow dish with warm water. Dip each spring-roll wrapper in water; place between damp paper towels for 10 minutes. In a large bowl, combine lettuce, shrimp, carrot, scallion, cilantro, 2 tablespoons peanut sauce, and 1 tablespoon rice vinegar. Toss.
In a small bowl, stir together the remaining 3 tablespoons peanut sauce and 1 tablespoon rice vinegar; set aside. Place 1/2 cup of the shrimp mixture half an inch from the bottom edge of a wrapper. Fold bottom edge of the wrapper over the filling. Fold sides over and roll up. Repeat with remaining filling and wrappers. Cut each in half; serve with dipping sauce.
Nutrition facts per serving:
3g fat (1g saturated)
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.