30-Minute Heart-Healthy Meals
Pages in this Story:
- Wheat Penne with Roasted Vegetables and Shrimp
- Easy Lemon Lentil Soup with Spinach
- Seared Salmon with White Bean Puree
- Spicy Pan-Seared Scallops with Ginger and Soy
- Celery Salad with Apples, Walnuts, and Mustard Vinaigrette
- Thai-Style Chicken Coconut Curry
- Two New Ways to Assess Your Heart Disease Risk
- Take Action Today!
Two New Ways to Assess Your Heart Disease Risk
- Log on to www.reynoldsriskscore.org. Answer a few questions about your health and family history, and the program -- developed by Harvard University researchers -- will tell you your risk for a heart attack or stroke over the next 10 years. (Note: You'll need to know your blood pressure and cholesterol levels.)
- Get an hs-CRP test, which can detect the level of inflammation in your coronary arteries. High levels mean you may be at risk for sudden cardiac death, the most common kind of heart-related death in women. The test costs less than $20, depending on insurance, and is one of the only screenings for which research was done primarily on women.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.