1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Heat a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of the oil and the shallots, onion and pinch of salt to the pot; saute 5 to 10 minutes and then turn off heat.
2. In a small pan, cook the sausage until browned, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Remove from pan and set aside; once cool, slice into 1-inch pieces and add to onion mixture.
3. Add the sweet potato, squash, vegetable broth, thyme, sage and beans to Dutch oven; stir.
4. In a medium bowl, mix the panko, Parmesan and remaining olive oil; season with salt and black pepper to taste and sprinkle over sausage mixture. Cover and bake 30 minutes.
5. Uncover and bake 15 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Serve.