1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large bowl, beat butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add granulated sugar. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in vanilla until combined. Beat in as much of the all-purpose and white whole-wheat
2. flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in any remaining flour. Tint dough with green food coloring, if desired.
3. Force dough through a cookie press fitted with a wreath plate onto ungreased cookie sheets. If desired, sprinkle cookies with colored sugar. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool. Decorate with red frosting, if desired, to make holly berries and ribbons.RED FROSTING:
4. In a small bowl, combine 2 ounces cream cheese, softened, 2 cups confectioners sugar and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract. If necessary, stir in milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, until frosting reaches piping consistency. Tint with red food coloring. Makes about 3/4 cup.Healthy Savings:
5. We cut 18 calories and 3 g fat; added 1 g protein and 1 g fiber.
6. Nutrition facts per 3 Cookies
7. Makes 48 cookies