1. Dissolve the cornstarch in 2 tablespoons of the water. Stir in the remaining water, soy sauce and chili sauce; set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and ginger; cook, stirring 15 seconds.
3. Add the green beans and red pepper and stir-fry 2 minutes; push them to the perimeter of the skillet.
4. Add the tofu and cook, stirring once or twice, 4 to 5 minutes, until lightly browned. Stir the sauce and pour it into the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Add the carrots and snow peas; cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until vegetables are crisp-tender.