1. In a medium mixing bowl, stir together cherries, liqueur, sugar and orange juice until sugar dissolves. Set aside.
2. Let ice cream sit at room temperature for 10 to 15 minutes, until just soft enough to spread.
3. Line bottom of a glass 2-quart souffle dish with 18 of the ladyfinger halves and spoon one-third of the cherry mixture (with juice) on top.
4. Spread one-third of the ice cream over the cherries; sprinkle with one-third of the almonds.
5. Repeat with two more layers. Work quickly so as not to let the ice cream melt too much. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and freeze 45 minutes before serving.