You are here
The Beach Body Boot Camp Diet: Lunch Choices
Greek Pita Pockets with Tzatziki Sauce
- Combine 1/2 cup canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained; 1/4 cup chopped cucumber; 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper; and 1/4 cup chopped black olives.
- Whisk together 1/4 cup low-fat Greek yogurt, 1/4 cup shredded cucumber, 1/4 teaspoon dill, and a pinch each of salt and black pepper.
- Cut a whole-grain pita in half and fill both halves with bean mixture; top with yogurt sauce.
Panzanella White Bean Salad
- Toast 2 slices whole-grain bread and cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Combine with 1/2 cup canned white beans, rinsed and drained; 1/2 cup halved grape tomatoes; 1/2 cup chopped cucumber; 2 tablespoons minced basil; 2 tablespoons diced red onion; 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice; and 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Mix all ingredients; add salt and black pepper to taste.
Spinach Salad with Chicken, Strawberries, Walnuts, and Goat Cheese
- Combine 3 cups baby spinach, 2 ounces chopped grilled chicken, 1/2 cup sliced strawberries, 1/2 ounce crumbled goat cheese, 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, 2 teaspoons olive oil, and 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar.
- Toss all ingredients; add salt and black pepper to taste.
Dressed-Up Turkey Wrap
- Put 2 ounces roasted turkey; 1/2 ounce brie; 1/2 apple, thinly sliced; and 1/2 cup arugula on an 8-inch whole-grain tortilla. Roll up.
- Serve with 1/2 apple, sliced and topped with 1 teaspoon peanut butter.
Rosemary and Zucchini Flatbread with Grape Salad
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Warm 1 whole-grain flatbread on a baking sheet 7 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with 1/2 cup thinly sliced zucchini, 1/4 cup grated part-skim mozzarella, and 1 teaspoon dried rosemary. Bake 7 minutes more, until cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, mix 1 cup halved grapes with 2 tablespoons sliced almonds.
- Serve flatbread warm or at room temperature with grape salad.
Thai Shrimp Po' Boy
- Coat 2 ounces cooked shrimp, tails removed and sliced lengthwise, with 2 teaspoons prepared Thai chili-garlic sauce.
- Slice a whole-grain hero roll lengthwise and fill with shrimp, 3 tablespoons sliced or chopped avocado, 1/4 cup sliced cucumber, and 1/4 cup shredded carrots.
- Top with 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro and 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice.
Mediterranean Pasta Salad with Tuna
- Cook 1 1/2 ounces whole-grain angel hair pasta.
- Combine 3 ounces water-packed tuna, drained, with 1/2 cup halved grape tomatoes; 1/2 cup canned artichokes, drained and quartered; 3 tablespoons sliced pitted black olives; 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice; and 2 teaspoons olive oil with pasta.
- Add salt and black pepper to taste; serve.
Healthy Takeout Options
Boston Market: Roasted Turkey Breast with sides of garlic-dill new potatoes and steamed fresh vegetables (380 calories)
Jamba Juice: Smokehouse Chicken California Flatbread (390 calories)
Panera Bread: You Pick Two: Low-Fat Vegetarian Black Bean Soup and Half Thai Chopped Chicken Salad with a side of apples (390 calories)
Qdoba: Naked Grilled Vegetable Taco Salad with cilantro-lime rice, lettuce, corn, and black bean salsa with fat-free picante ranch dressing (400 calories)
Starbucks: Protein Artisan Snack Plate with a Tazo Passion Brewed Tea (370 calories) or a Chicken Santa Fe Panini (400 calories)
Get More Slimming Meals