How to Eat Like an Athlete
Pages in this Story:
- Power Couple
- Orange-Curry Grilled Turkey Tenderloins
- Macadamia-Crusted Sea Bass with Thai Red Curry Sauce
- Chutney Chicken
- Coriander Teriyaki Flank Steak
Coriander Teriyaki Flank Steak
Makes: 4 servings
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander seeds
- 1 pound flank steak
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
Preheat grill. Press coriander onto both sides of steak. Stir together soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, and oil; pour over steak, turning to coat. Marinate, turning occasionally, for 10 minutes. Place steak on middle rack of grill and cook 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board; let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.
Originally published in FITNESS magazine, July 2008.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)