Healthy for Life: What to Eat in Your 20s, 30s, 40s, and Beyond
What to Eat in Your 40sYour 40-Something Healthy Meal Plan Breakfast
- 1 cup high-fiber cereal (such as bran flakes) with 1 cup 1-percent milk and 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup green tea
- 1 medium apple with 1 tablespoon soy-nut butter
- Veggie burger on a whole wheat bun with 2 slices low-fat cheddar cheese (1 ounce each)
- 6-ounce can low-sodium vegetable juice
- 2 tablespoons hummus with 6 whole wheat crackers
- 3 ounces broiled salmon over 1 cup barley pilaf
- 6 asparagus spears sauteed in 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 6-ounce container light vanilla yogurt topped with 1 tablespoon mini chocolate chips
Nutrition info for the day: 1,656 calories, 92g protein, 48g fat (13g sat), 228g carbs, 39g fiber
Originally published in FITNESS magazine, August 2007.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.