Healthy for Life: What to Eat in Your 20s, 30s, 40s, and Beyond
What to Eat in Your 30s5 Ingredients, 5 Minutes, 5 Lunches
You do have time for lunch! Here, healthy meals for about 400 calories.
Mediterranean Tuna Salad
Toss 3 ounces light tuna with 1 chopped tomato, 1/2 diced cucumber, 1 cup white beans, and 2 tablespoons Italian dressing.
Almond Butter and Pear Sandwich
Spread 2 slices whole wheat bread with 1 tablespoon almond butter. Top with 1/2 small sliced pear and 1 teaspoon honey. Enjoy with a glass of nonfat milk.
Tex-Mex Turkey Wrap
In a medium whole wheat tortilla, fold 3 ounces sliced turkey breast, 1/4 sliced avocado, 1/4 cup low-fat shredded cheddar cheese, and 2 tablespoons salsa.
Ham and Brie Sandwich
Spread 1 tablespoon honey mustard on 2 pieces pumpernickel bread. Top with 2 ounces ham, 1 ounce Brie, lettuce, and tomato.
Smoked Salmon Bagel
Spread 1 tablespoon whipped cream cheese on a whole wheat bagel. Top with 2 ounces smoked salmon, sliced red onion, and 2 teaspoons capers.
- Whole wheat English muffin topped with 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter and 1/2 small sliced banana
- 1 cup calcium and vitamin D-fortified orange juice
- 1/2 cup Cheerios with 1/2 cup 1-percent or nonfat milk
- Curried shrimp salad (boil 10 shrimp and mix with 1 tablespoon mayonnaise and 1 teaspoon curry powder) in a whole wheat pita
- 1 cup watermelon chunks
- 6-ounce container light yogurt with 1/2 cup raspberries
- Chickpea salad (toss 1/2 cup canned, drained chickpeas with 1 tablespoon Italian dressing)
- 4 ounces lean flank steak, grilled or broiled, topped with 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 2 cups baby spinach sauteed in 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium baked sweet potato
- 1 ounce dark chocolate
Nutrition info for the day: 1,868 calories, 94g protein, 64g fat (17g sat), 243g carbs, 34g fiber
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.