1 cup strawberries drizzled with 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
What do you think of this story?
Leave a Comment.
well isnt chocolate unhealthy?
what's the calorie count.????
That means, only 1/3 of chocolate can be considered "bad" for you... which, unless you live a completely natural and perfectly balanced lifestyle, is pretty good (it's not like you're going to be eating it all of the time!)
Regarding the naturally occurring fats in chocolate:
1. Oleic Acid is a healthy monounsaturated fat that is also found in olive oil;
2. Stearic Acid is a saturated fat but one which research is shows has a neutral effect on cholesterol; and
3. Palmitic Acid is also a saturated fat, one which raises cholesterol and heart disease risk.
* Please do your research before making comments.
Health benefits of chocolate:
1. Antioxidants protect from aging caused by free radicals (dark chocolate contains x8 more than strawberries);
2. Flavonoids help relax blood pressure via production of nitric oxide, & balance certain hormones;
3. Stimulates endorphin production, inducing pleasure;
4. Contains serotonin (acts as an anti-depressant); &
5. Contains theobromine, caffeine & other healthy stimulants (which is a great for people who exercise, & also helpful in increasing brain activity).
"Louisabsullivan" I think YOU might need to reassess YOUR list.
How many calories??
This is what i alway's eat when i get hungry inbetween meal's. it can be healthy if you use non-fat chocolate, trust me it's DELICIOUS..
It may not be as healthy but I heat a little chocolate cake icing up in the microwave and drizzle it over our strawberries to cut the chocolate taste down a bit.
I've tried this and it's awesome! A little cool whip on tip makes it though
trust me on this one. take hersheys special dark cocoa powder, add a splash of pineapple juice or milk, or what have you-anything as long as it is a vehicle, until it makes a syrup-y sauce, and you are good to go!
Chocolate sauce does not fit under the "healthy" headline-- no matter how few calories it has. Fitness, I think you need to reassess this list.
try walden farms calorie free chocolate dip or syrup to make it even lower
Please confirm your comment by answering the question below and clicking "Submit Comment."
Latest updates from @FitnessMagazine