The Ultimate Energy Drink: How to Stay Hydrated
Make a Splash
Bored with standard H2O? Here's how to get it down easier.
Infuse it. Put fruit slices, such as lemon, lime, and orange, in a pitcher of water and refrigerate.
Add coconut ice. Fill your ice cube tray with coconut water, then pop the cubes into your glass to give water a nutty, slightly sweet taste.
Sip unsweetened flavored waters. The yummy flavors in Hint (watermelon, pear, or cucumber) and sparkling Ayala's Herbal Water (cinnamon-orange peel or ginger-lemon peel) make quenching your thirst less snoozy.Eat Your Water
These foods are a tasty and easy way of upping your H2O intake without hitting the bottle.
- 1 cup chicken noodle soup = 8 oz.
- 1 cup cooked sliced zucchini = 6 oz.
- 1 medium apple = 6 oz.
- 1 cup cantaloupe cubes = 5 oz.
- 1 cup watermelon balls = 5 oz.
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes = 5 oz.
- 1 small navel orange = 4 oz.
- 10 medium baby carrots = 3 oz.
- 1 cup raw broccoli florets = 2 oz.
Originally published in FITNESS magazine, May 2014.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.