The Best 250-Calorie Dessert Recipes
Fresh Raspberry-Mousse Almond Crumb Cake
Makes: 8 servings, 1 piece each
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes (plus 3 hours refrigeration)
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 ounces (1/2 package) light cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 cup raspberry jam or preserves (preferably seedless)
- 3/4 cup (3 1/2 ounces) fresh raspberries (optional)
- 3 tablespoons (5/8 ounce) sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine flour, sugar, and salt in a large bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender or potato masher until crumbly. Reserve 1/2 cup for later use.
- Add yogurt, vanilla and almond extracts, egg, baking powder, and baking soda to mixture. Beat with electric mixer at medium speed until blended. Pour into 8-inch-round nonstick baking pan.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and jam; beat at low speed until blended. Spread evenly over batter. Top with reserved flour mixture, sprinkling of raspberries (optional) and almonds.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until edges are browned and center is nearly set. Cool on a rack. Refrigerate 3 hours, or until well chilled. Cut into 8 wedges.
Per serving: 250 calories, 5g protein, 30g carbohydrate, 12g fat (7g saturated), 1g fiber.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)