The Best 250-Calorie Dessert Recipes
Big Fudgy Bittersweet Brownies
Makes: 9 servings, 1 brownie each
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg white
- 3 tablespoons plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup (3/4 ounce) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 ounces high-quality unsweetened baking chocolate, chopped (about 2/3 cup)
- 1/3 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup buckwheat or presifted whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly coat an 8-inch-square nonstick baking pan with cooking spray. In a small bowl, whisk together egg, egg white, yogurt, and vanilla extract; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar, oil, salt, and 3 tablespoons water, stirring constantly for 3 minutes on medium-high heat. Remove from heat; stir in cocoa and chocolate until chocolate melts, then add egg mixture. Add all flour, stirring until batter is smooth.
- Pour batter into baking pan. Bake 25 minutes, or until top is firm. Cool completely in pan on rack. Cut into squares.
Per serving: 250 calories, 4g protein, 35g carbohydrate, 14g fat (4g saturated), 3g fiber.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.