Lemon-Raspberry Fruit Salad
- Combine 1/4 cup part-skim ricotta and 1 teaspoon raspberry jam.
- Mix together 1 cup fresh raspberries, 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, 1 teaspoon lemon zest, and 2 teaspoons honey.
- Top ricotta mixture with raspberry mixture and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons toasted sliced almonds.
Mushroom and Asparagus Quiche
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together 3 eggs plus 2 egg whites; mix in 1/2 cup chopped asparagus, 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms, and 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese.
- Pour mixture into 6 muffin cups coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until eggs are set.
- Eat 3 mini quiches with 1 slice toasted whole-grain bread and an orange. (Save the rest for another breakfast.)
Breakfast Peach Cobbler
- Chop 1 peach into 3/4-inch pieces; mix with 1 tablespoon whole wheat flour and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Microwave 2 to 3 minutes and stir.
- Add 1 crunchy granola bar (around 90 calories), broken into pieces, and microwave 1 minute.
- Top with 1/2 cup low-fat Greek yogurt and 2 teaspoons honey.
Baked Eggs with Herbs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 6-ounce ramekin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Crack 2 eggs into prepared ramekin and top with 2 tablespoons low-fat milk, 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives, 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil, and a pinch each of salt and black pepper.
- Bake about 15 minutes, until eggs are set.
- Serve with melon and 1 slice toasted whole-grain bread topped with 1 teaspoon butter.
Banana-Nut Protein Pancakes
- In a blender, combine 1 banana, 1/4 cup rolled oats, 2 tablespoons low-fat cottage cheese, 2 egg whites, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract; blend until smooth.
- Stir in 2 teaspoons chopped walnuts.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour batter into skillet to make two 4-inch pancakes; cook 3 minutes on each side.
- Drizzle with 2 teaspoons maple syrup.
Tex-Mex Tofu Scramble
- Mash 3 ounces drained firm tofu with a fork.
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat and saute tofu and 1/8 teaspoon turmeric 3 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup salsa and 1/4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained; saute 5 minutes.
- Top with 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro and serve with 1/2 grapefruit and 1 slice toasted whole-grain bread topped with 1 teaspoon butter.
Waffles with Blueberry Syrup and Turkey Sausage
- In a blender, combine 1/2 cup frozen unsweetened blueberries, thawed, and 1 tablespoon maple syrup; puree until smooth.
- Heat 1 turkey sausage link in the microwave.
- Toast 2 frozen whole-grain waffles and top with syrup mixture.
- Serve with sausage.
Get More Slimming Meals