Winter Squash and White Bean Puree With Pita Chips
- 1 1/4 pounds winter squash
- 1 cup canned white beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons olive oil plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons warm water
- Coarse sea salt, to taste
- Whole-wheat pita chips
1. Cut the squash in half lengthwise and remove the seeds. Microwave the squash until soft, about 10 minutes. Scrape the flesh out with a spoon and discard the skin.
2. Puree the squash in a food processor with the white beans, olive oil, Parmesan, black pepper and water. Transfer mixture to a bowl, drizzle lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with the sea salt. Serve with the whole-wheat pita chips.