Warm Chocolate Pudding
- cal. (kcal) 164
- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Start to Finish: 20 mins
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 34
nonfat or low-fat milk, divided
unsweetened cocoa powder
- Lightly beat egg with a fork in a medium bowl.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups milk, 1/3 cup sugar and salt in a medium saucepan; bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, whisk the remaining 1/3 cup sugar, cocoa and cornstarch in a medium bowl. Whisk in the remaining 3/4 cup milk until blended. Whisk the simmering milk mixture into the cocoa mixture. Pour the mixture back into the pan and bring to a simmer over medium heat, whisking constantly, until thickened and glossy, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Whisk about 1 cup of the hot cocoa mixture into the beaten egg. Return the egg mixture to the pan and cook over medium-low heat, whisking constantly, until steaming and thickened, about 2 minutes. (Do not boil.) Whisk in vanilla. Serve warm.
- Tip: MAKE AHEAD TIP: Pour the pudding into a bowl and place a piece of plastic wrap directly on the surface. Refrigerate for up to 3 days; serve cold.
Nutrition InformationServings Per Recipe: 6
PER SERVING: 164 cal., 2 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 37 mg chol., 110 mg sodium, 34 g carb. (3 g fiber), 6 g pro.