Vietnamese-Style Tofu Sandwiches
- 2 6-ounce packages baked tofu (such as Wildwood SprouTofu Royal Thai)
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed or canola oil
- 1 12-ounce whole-grain baguette, halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup lightly packed cilantro sprigs
- 1/4 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 4 large radishes, thinly sliced
1. Cut tofu in half lengthwise so you have a total of 8 pieces. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook tofu until browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Set aside and let cool slightly.
2. Tear out soft inside of baguette (save for bread crumbs, if desired, or discard) and cut into 4 pieces. Combine mayonnaise and sriracha in a small bowl.
3. Press shredded carrots and cilantro into hollow part of baguette bottoms. Top with cucumber, radish and tofu. Spread mayonnaise on remaining pieces of baguette and top sandwiches.