- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 zucchini, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme (about 4 sprigs), chopped
- 1 28 ounce can chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup green olives, pitted
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound large shrimp, shelled and cleaned
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
1. Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a heavy pot over medium heat. Add the onion; cook 5 minutes. Add the garlic; cook 2 minutes. Add the eggplant, zucchini and bell peppers; cook 5 minutes. Add the thyme, tomatoes, olives, red pepper flakes, salt and black pepper. Reduce heat to medium low; simmer 20 minutes.
2. In a large nonstick skillet, heat remaining oil. Add shrimp and cook 2 minutes on each side. Stir shrimp into ratatouille.
3. Spoon onto plates. Garnish with mint and almonds; serve.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)