Sauteed Broccoli with Poached Eggs
- cal. (kcal) 332
- Makes: 2 servings
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 7
freshly squeezed lemon juice
extra-virgin olive oil
clove garlic, finely chopped
kosher salt, plus additional
Freshly ground black pepper
- Crack each egg into a custard cup or small bowl.
- In a medium saucepan, bring 4 cups water to a boil.
- Add the lemon juice, followed by the eggs, then remove the pot from the heat and cover.
- Let stand for 7 to 10 minutes, depending on how you like your eggs.
- Remove the eggs with a slotted spoon.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the broccoli, salt, and pepper, to taste.
- Cook, tossing occasionally, until tender, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Divide the broccoli between two serving plates.
- Top each plate with 2 poached eggs. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
Nutrition InformationServings Per Recipe: 2
PER SERVING: 332 cal., 28 g total fat (6 g sat. fat), 7 g carb. (3 g fiber), 16 g pro.