Salmon With Snap Peas, Summer Squash and Parsley-Chive Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 scallion, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 5 ounces skinless salmon fillets
- 1/2 pound sugar snap peas
- 2 small yellow squashes, seeded and cut into 3-by-1/2-inch pieces
1. Put the parsley, scallion, chives, oil, lemon juice, and mustard into the small bowl of a food processor. Add 1 tablespoon water and 1/4 teaspoon each of the salt and black pepper; pulse until smooth.
2. Heat a grill or grill pan to medium high. Season the salmon with remaining salt and black pepper. Cook 3 to 4 minutes a side for medium, or to desired doneness. Transfer fillets to a plate.
3. Place the snap peas and squash in a steamer basket in a pot of boiling water. Cover and cook until vegetables are tender-firm, about 4 minutes.
4. Spoon 2 tablespoons of the parsley sauce onto each of 4 serving plates. Top each with a salmon fillet and 1 cup of the vegetables.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)