Roasted Asparagus with Herbs and Capers
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Coarse sea salt or kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs, such as a mix of basil, tarragon, and parsley (or all basil or all parsley)
- 2 teaspoons drained capers, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 450 F.
2. Toss the asparagus in a bowl with the olive oil and season lightly with salt and pepper.
3. Spread the asparagus in one layer on a baking sheet. Roast until just tender, 10 to 12 minutes, depending on the thickness of the asparagus (thinner ones will cook more quickly).
4. Transfer the asparagus to a serving dish and toss with the herbs and capers. Taste and adjust the seasoning, if necessary. Serve warm or at room temperature.