Yield: 12 muffins View Nutrition Facts
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup canned unsweetened pumpkin
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons extra-light olive oil
1. Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Line the cups of a standard (11-by-14-1.5 inch) muffin pan with paper liners or coat the cups with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine first 6 ingredients. Make a well in the center; set aside.
3. In a small bowl, combine remaining 5 ingredients. Pour mixture into well in dry ingredients and stir until mix is just moistened and batter is still slightly lumpy.
4. Pour batter into muffin cups until each is three-quarters full.
5. Bake 18 to 20 minutes, or until tops are light golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes in pan on a rack, then remove from pan to cool completely.