Yield: 12 cornsticks View Nutrition Facts
- 1/2 cup 2 percent low-fat milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/3 cup canned Mexicorn, drained (or a mixture of corn and diced red and green peppers)
- 2 tablespoons extra-light olive oil
- 2 - 3 teaspoons finely minced jalapeno with seeds
1. Heat oven to 425 degrees F. In a measuring cup combine milk and vinegar; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine next five ingredients and make a well; set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, combine milk with remaining five ingredients. Pour mixture into well and stir until dry ingredients are just moistened and batter is still slightly lumpy.
4. Pour batter into corn stick pan coated with cooking spray, filling each mold about three-quarters full and smoothing surface of batter with a rubber spatula.
5. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until tops are light golden and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on rack five minutes; remove from pan to cool completely.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)