Hoisin-Glazed Scallops With Grilled Zucchini
- cal. (kcal) 449
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 5 mins to 10 mins
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 47
fresh or frozen extra-large sea scallops, thawed if frozen
Freshly ground black pepper
extra-virgin olive oil
prepared hoisin sauce
Juice of 1 lime
medium zucchini, halved lengthwise
cooked brown rice
- Rinse the scallops and pat dry with a paper towel; season to taste with salt and black pepper. Heat 3 teaspoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add scallops and cook 1 to 2 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Brush tops and sides of scallops with the hoisin sauce and drizzle the lime juice over them. Cook 1 to 2 minutes more or until scallops are opaque and cooked through.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove scallops from pan and transfer to a serving plate. Simmer remaining liquid 1 to 2 minutes, until it reduces and develops the consistency of thick syrup; set aside.
- Heat a grill pan or foil-lined grill rack over medium-high heat. Brush both sides of the zucchini halves with remaining oil and season to taste with salt and black pepper. Grill zucchini 2 to 3 minutes per side or until golden brown and tender. Spoon reduced liquid over scallops and serve with the rice and zucchini.
Nutrition InformationServings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 449 cal., 9 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 47 g carb. (4 g fiber), 43 g pro.