Hoisin-Glazed Scallops With Grilled Zucchini
- 2 pounds fresh or frozen extra-large sea scallops, thawed if frozen
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 5 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons prepared hoisin sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
1. Rinse the scallops and pat dry with a paper towel; season to taste with salt and black pepper. Heat 3 teaspoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add scallops and cook 1 to 2 minutes per side or until golden brown.
2. Brush tops and sides of scallops with the hoisin sauce and drizzle the lime juice over them. Cook 1 to 2 minutes more or until scallops are opaque and cooked through.
3. Using a slotted spoon, remove scallops from pan and transfer to a serving plate. Simmer remaining liquid 1 to 2 minutes, until it reduces and develops the consistency of thick syrup; set aside.
4. Set a grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush both sides of the zucchini halves with remaining oil and season to taste with salt and black pepper. Grill zucchini 2 to 3 minutes per side or until golden brown and tender. Spoon reduced liquid over scallops and serve with the rice and zucchini.