- cal. (kcal) 199
- Makes: 12 servings
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 25
loaf whole wheat bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
spicy or regular bulk turkey sausage (or purchase links and remove casing)
extra-virgin olive oil
stalks celery, very thinly sliced
red onion, chopped
garlic cloves, minced
fresh sage leaves, finely chopped (about 3 tablespoons)
natural, fat-free chicken broth
dried, sweetened cranberries
fine sea salt, or to taste
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Arrange bread cubes evenly on two large baking pans. Brown in oven for about 25 minutes.
- In a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, cook sausage for 5 minutes, breaking into small pieces as it browns; place in a 9-by-13-inch baking pan.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add celery, onion, garlic, and sage. Lightly brown, stirring often, about 12 minutes. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, simmer broth, cranberries, and butter for about 10 minutes.
- Add celery mixture, bread cubes, and cranberry broth to sausage. Stir until broth is absorbed. Season with salt to taste.
- Evenly spread stuffing in pan; cover with foil. Bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 minutes.
Nutrition InformationServings Per Recipe: 12
PER SERVING: 199 cal., 9 g total fat (3 g sat. fat), 25 g carb. (3 g fiber), 8 g pro.